Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hedi Slimane Taking It Back Old School

Back when Hedi Slimane took over for Yves Saint Laurent, I remember much anticipation followed by mixed reviews.
These reviews have ceased to exist after retailers have come out and stated trouble keeping the brand in stock.
Now while I'm expanding my library as well as my wardrobe, I recently bought the Yves Saint Laurent book, Yves Saint Laurent Style Style Style and was interested to find that Hedi is just rejuvenating the past. 
In actuality, the people who were giving the mixed reviews were forgetting about how Yves got his start and the designs that revolutionized the industry.
I'll let the past and present pictures below speak for themselves.









Now since, he's only a few shows into his career at Saint Laurent, stay tuned on some more!



Pictures on left are from Yves Saint Laurent Style Style Style
Pictures on right are from www.style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment