Tuesday, April 9, 2013

When Did Talking About How Many Shoes Become So Taboo?

We, as a society, talk about everything under the sun from plastic surgery to what the best skin creams are, but when was it not acceptable to ask about shoes? 
Asking how many shoes we own has become the new taboo.
It's become equivalent to asking how much money we make. I think I can speak for most women when I say that shoes are oh so important. Simple as that.
We will spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes to make up for that bad day at work or that relationship that ended, so is it the fact that we are embarrassed to admit how much we've spent? 
We shouldn't be pulling a Seinfeld and judging each other on whether we just bought a pair of Boticelli's.
  Just start embracing the fact that we might just all be shop-a-holics and shout it off the rooftops. I am a shoe-a-holic and I'm not afraid to admit it!


No comments:

Post a Comment