Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Hop, Skip, And Jump Away From Shoes

fash.ion tease [fash-uh-n-teez]
noun 
1.When I go to a store and see the most beautiful pair of shoes, yet they don't have my size.
2.When I order a pair of shoes offline, yet they do not fit
3.When I can't find that new bag from the Fall runway show

Definition 2 unfortunately happened to me recently with a pair of Manolos.
With this in between period of wearing shorts one day and a coat the next, my mission for some new shoes brought me to a pair of classics. Now I'm sure many of you have heard of the famous 'BB' pumps by Manolo Blahniks. A simple pair that could work in all weather conditions. These specifically not so much in the rain or snow because of the suede. 
These black beauties were the answers to my prayers so I went against what every financial advisor would say and bought them.
After a week of waiting, alas, they finally arrived. 
I opened them eagerly waiting to see the suede and then it happened. Patent leather happened that is. OK, just a mis-understanding I told myself. I'll just make sure these fit and return for suede. 
Easier said than done. My foot was about two sizes too small. And for those out there who suffer the same problem of your foot being a child's size- you all feel my pain. 
So I'm currently on the look out. Size 4 here I come.



No comments:

Post a Comment