Monday, April 22, 2013

Fashion And Why It's The Worst Word In The Dictionary

Over the years that I have been interested in this billion dollar business of fashion, me however, never having any part of that money because I'm always shopping, I have come across some things that are stereotypical in our world.
1. Just because you are interested or work in fashion does not mean you are a snob. I have run into some people who automatically think this but they couldn't be further from the truth.
2. Just because I like fashion does not mean I am unable to have an intelligent conversation about anything else.
3. Just because I went to school for fashion does not mean I am dumb and unable to take "real" college classes.
4. Just because I do not typically shop at fast fashion retailers, also, does not make me a snob.
Even hearing myself tell people about this fashion blog, I feel the thoughts circling in their heads. It's time to stop the harsh thoughts of this word. Especially since everyone wears clothes and shoes and has ultimately been passed down from designer to discount store. So the next time someone has the word 'fashion' or anything about that world in a conversation, stop and take a step back at what you are really talking bad about. The answer will probably lead back to yourself.


1 comment:

  1. Here here girl! You said it right. You know, I used to hold similar beliefs about fashion and 'fashion people'.. but once you become a part of the world, you get to see that it is, just like every business in the world, and does require intelligent journalism, talent and art.

    I feel the same way when I tell people about the fashion blog. Hell, I myself felt shallow for starting one. But it's a creative outlet, and it's art, it's opinion and I love being a part of it.

    Preach it sister!!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete