Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Few Good Men…I Mean Pieces

Why can't we get it right? I mean, with our wardrobe. There are always those pieces that we will constantly go back to and wear until there are holes every which way. But why does it have to be only a few select pieces? How come we can't have that with every piece?
Is it the fact that there are too many choices out there?
I once bought a American Apparel raglan shirt for probably $30 and I can't get enough of it. It goes with everything, jeans, skirts, I even can wear it over dresses. 
Another piece is my Christian Dior vintage black blazer. This piece is extremely old and even though, it's Dior, it's probably not worth much, but it's beautiful and simple. 
If you're like me, you've probably accumulated a ton of clothing over the years, half of which you only wear for a single season and they get thrown to the back of closet(like myself) or even thrown out. 
Something that I have been trying to do lately is really look for those special pieces. Ones that I know will last years in fabrication and in style. (This really helps in avoiding those pieces that will only last a season.)
Those unique pieces could be gems you find in a vintage store or even something you find on the sale rack. 
And ladies, I'm here to tell you it's ok to buy something without having somewhere to wear it.
I bought the Alexander Wang streamer skirt a few years ago when it came out. Didn't touch it till this past New Years, but hey at least I didn't have to scramble days or hours before trying to answer that inevitable question of what to wear?
OK, I digress.
I guess all I'm trying to say is be patient, be smart and perhaps start looking in your closet. You never know what you could find.


If you're closet looks like this, you may need help as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment